Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A bad day for Dean

Dean is having a bad day today. He is uncoordinated and keeps dropping things and can't walk a straight line so is holding on to things. He says that when I talk it sounds like jibberish non-words and he has no idea what I'm saying. I feel so bad for him on days like these.

These days are when I feel like I don't know what to do about all the family and friends who don't have a clue what our life is like. I think of the uncle who doesn't know why Dean doesn't ever come around but "seems fine" when he talks to him on facebook....or the uncle that asked Dean why he is limping. I don't know what to do. Do I send out some memo letting everyone know how hard things are for Dean? Or do I let it go and just counsel Dean on ignoring their words? He feels pressure to look normal when he's around people while not understanding their fast firing words and not knowing how to answer or respond to their barrage of questions and comments. He feels like he's the plane crash and doesn't want people gauking at him so let's leave it alone? But at the same time he wants some patience and understanding. So what should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment